Monday, August 25, 2008

The Greatest Week of the Year

We are 23 hours into the greatest week of the year. Is it my birthday week (a Cowell family tradition)? Nope. Anniversary? Huh-uh. Raise week? Shark week? Trade sides of the bed week? None of the above.

It's Fantasy Football Draft Week. The "War Room" officially opened its doors last week with the annual dusting off of the Fantasy Football Database. This glorious apparatus of modern technology is the basis for all things Fantasy Football. It is a compilation of every NFL player's statistics from the prior year.

It's breadth is unparalleled. It's applications too numerous to comprehend: Strength of Schedule metrics, Value additivity analysis, Cost-replacement measurement , and bonafide, baby-proof contraception.

And as a pre-emptive measure - not like this will surprise any of the loyal followers of my sporadically updated blog - don't expect blogging for the next 145 hours.

After all, there are autoregressive correlations to calculate.

5 comments:

Leesa said...

I'm alternately ROTLF and shaking my head worriedly -- the fact that I both find myself understanding the post and appreciating the mathematical humor has me worried about my own nerdiness factor. Oh well. Have a great week!

Rebekah said...

Leesa--we have know that we are all big nerds from day 1. Who else enters Odyssey of the Mind and Future Problem Solving competitions for FUN??? Oh, and I can't forget to mention that we voluntarily participated in math competitions for which we actually TRAVELLED to compete!

Chris said...

I know you only went to math contest because you knew about the hottie from the Rose Hill squad...

Rebekah said...

for real. We actually met up once at Emporia State at a math contest didn't we! NERDS!!!

The Robertson Family said...

Chris, I think Rebekah has plans to distract you from this fantasy football stuff...you better check out her blog to see the weekend shopping loot.

BTW, Bongo is a fantasy football freak. His team won their league super bowl last season. I even got a "champions" t-shirt. So Bek, I may need to borrow some of that stuff you bought...