Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Back in the Saddle

I admit. There has been a renaissance in blogging in my family. I first mentioned wanting to update mine a few weeks ago, but I really wasn't serious.

Now my brother-in-law and sister-in-law have beaten me to the punch. I am admittedly following their lead.

But I have had alot on my mind lately that I'd like to share. Things like the top 5 denominations of paper bills...

So here they are...

5) $5. This bill makes me sad. I feel poor when I pull out a $5, it's as if that is all the money you have. In a way, it is...no matter what you buy with a 5, your change back is almost nothing, leaving you hopeless.

4) $10. Admit it. You stilll like that Bennigan's jingle.

3) $2. This bill is unique, but it's uniqueness makes it obsolete. Yeah it's cool to have one, but you never want to spend it, so it's like throwing $2. And that isn't cool.

2) $1. The most versatile bill. You can use it for tolls, soda, Reese's, and putting in the offering plate. Fold up two $1's creatively and it looks like you put a lot in the offering plate - which is handy when you need to try to impress the Creator.

1) $100. It's all about the Benjamins. No other denomination carries the prestige of century bill. It's been made into movies, and referenced by J. Lo. Clearly the penultimate.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Penultimate? Huh? I think you might get struck by lightning for the offering plate joke.

Sarah said...

Nice "Back in the Saddle." You must be really serious about it this time around. Call me in a month when you've decided to get serious about it again. Boo-yeah!!

pink is the new black said...

you know honey-pie...i'm lovin' that the math nerd is discussing the distinguishing elements of a dollar bill..here's my philosophy on money: ANY of it is good so I'm going to take what I can get yo!
Anyway, good for you:)

Rebekah said...

You are getting yelled at by my friends for not doing your blog. Don't make me look bad---update!!!