Thursday, January 15, 2009

Isaac's Cleaning Service

Recently, we've begun working on helping the boys understand the value of money. We've given each of them 3 chores worth 25 cents apiece. Most days they manage to pocket 1 or 2 coins.

Each of them have the chore of cleaning their own rooms. But we also made the rule that if Mommy or Daddy clean their rooms, we've done their chore and they owe us the 25 cents.

Last week, I told Isaac it was time to clean his room. To my surprise he quickly went to his room.

"This is working great," as I patted myself on the back for our ingenious plan.

Moments later, Isaac came to me and handed me a quarter.

"You clean it."

I don't know how he pulled this off, but I now get paid to clean his room with money I gave him in the first place.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

He tried that with me last night but also tried to take the money out of his "church" bank instead of his "spend" bank. Sneaky little redhead. But I do enjoy the extra money--Sonic run!

Keith said...

Smart kid. He must get that from bekah...
Seriously though, I'll be interested to see how it works in the long run.

Sarah said...

Bah!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!! I love it! Isaac...what a hoot. Tell him his Aunt Sarah will come over and clean the room...I charge much more than a quarter...but it'll be done "The Navy Way." And as we all know...that's the only way to do something.