Sunday, January 18, 2009

New Steelers Fan

We let Luke stay up late tonight to watch the Steelers game with me tonight. I remembered part of my Sunday School lesson was to appreciate your children when they are young and how they want your love and attention - because it will go away someday.

So I decided to grin and bear it as Luke, aka the Chatty Choo Choo, watched football with me. It reminds me of George Constanza looking for work...

"You know how I make all those interesting comments during the games? Maybe I could be a sports commentator"

Here are a few excerpts...

"How many points does your team have now?" - this was asked after every play for the first 15 minutes or so.

"It would be weird if apples were square"

"If I were playing, I'd just run around those guys and take the ball away"

"I'd take their helmet off and hit them with it"
"You can't do that"
"Then I'd punch them in the stomach"
"You can't do that either"

"I wish I could eat my apple so it was in the shape of Texas"

After the other team scored a touchdown...
"Hey they have 7 points - just like the number on your shirt"
"Grrrr"

"What if all those guys fell on top of him, that would be funny" - which then is acted out

"What if they score 199 points?"

The game started at 5:30. I got home from Dave Ramsey Financial Peace at 6:40. Watching the 1st half with Luke, fast-forwarding through commercials, I finished the 1st 30 minutes of game time at 8:53. That's right, 135 minutes to watch 30 minutes of football and listen to 99 comments.

Gottta love kids.

No comments: